Bring 'Gideon's Army' to a
Theater Near You!
Our film tells the stories of America's public defenders, exposing how inequalities in our nation's court system affect real people and real communities. Help raise awareness around these issues in your own community by bringing Gideon's Army to your local movie theater. With help from our partner Tugg, you can hold a screening at the time and date of your choice, for an audience of people you invite. Once enough seats are reserved, you can watch the film, start a discussion and make your screening into a special community event.
Bringing Gideon's Army to your local theater is easy. Check below for a step-by-step guide to making your event happen. Also, review this great toolkit that was designed specifically to help guide your planning.
1) Click here to visit the Gideon's Army page on the Tugg website.
2) Click the blue “Create Event” button.
3) Fill out the Tugg Event Request Form, including the theater, date and time for your screening.
4) Click the “Submit Application” button at the bottom of the page to become an Event Promoter. (As an Event Promoter, you’ll receive 5% of the ticket sales.)
5) A Tugg representative will contact you to help with event details. This is your event, so be sure to make sure it fits your needs and goals. Your screening can feature a post-film panel discussion, Q&As, special guests and more.
6) Now it’s time to spread the word! Once you receive your event page, you can let partner organizations, local stakeholders, community leaders, colleagues, friends and more know they need to SAVE THE DATE and buy tickets to make this special event happen!
7) After enough tickets (usually around 65) are pre-sold by a set date (usually one week before your event) the screening is confirmed. (If not enough tickets are pre-sold, no one will be charged and the event is canceled.)
8) Enjoy the show!